Environment friendly, organic, Go Green, Live Green… All around the Globe,people are willing to go that extra mile to save the environment. Over the last decade, awareness on environmental hazards has been like never before. It feels nice to see that people have, finally started to appreciate and value the “Gift of Nature”. Due to a rampant population explosion, it is indeed the need of the hour to conserve & protect our environment. Like we dream of a financially secure future for our children, giving them a cleaner, healthier environment is also equally important. Keeping this in mind the “Live Green” Family Festival was held on the 15th September, 2012 Saturday at 45 Calf Pasture Beach, Nor-walk.
The Festival was all about Living Green. As described in simple words by the Organizers, “Live Green Connecticut! is a fun-filled two-day festival which will promote environmental education, business, non-profit organizations, green technology, recycling, conservation, health and wellness, climate protection and sustainable living”.
The main highlights of the program-me were as given below
- Over 125 Exhibitors & Demonstrators participating in the event. Which means, a good variety of Green Products to shop.
- Portable Sawmill Demonstrations.
- Live Music with 11 bands.
- Eco-Friendly Transportation Exhibit Including the Volt, LEAF, Mitsubishi MiEV, Electric Car Club and Info about Westport’s Solar/Train Station Project.
- Food & Beverages featuring Bull’s Head Market, Skinny Pines Pizza, The Stand and Island Cow Organic Ice Cream.
- Test Drive a Ford EV and Ford Will Buy You Lunch (Up to $15 Value) courtesy of Ford Go Further.
- Tesla Display Featuring the Model S & Tesla Roadster.
- Special Guests including DEEP Commissioner Daniel Esty, State Senator Bob Duff, Mayor Moccia, Mayor Pavia & Miss. Connecticut Emily Audibert.
- Experts to Answer Questions about Going
- Green & Saving Money and Green Jobs.
- Eco-friendly businesses showcased their green and sustainable products and services. Individuals and families went with money saving tips, new ideas and a thoroughly enjoyed the entire event.
Indeed, great idea to spend the weekend. The Event is being organized for the past 2 years. This was the 3rd Annual Live Green Connecticut. It is, heart warming to see people taking such initiatives on educating people on such issues. More, such programs should be organized world over. A very good example, is being set by the organizers. Corporates, people, society by large is finally waking up to the cause of saving environment and going the green way of life.